Do I need to be a U.S. citizen to participate?
The good news is no, you do not need to be a United States citizen to participate in our programs. If you currently live in the U.S. your program will be the same as a U.S. citizens. If you currently live abroad you will have a slightly different program arrangement. Your budget as well as transportation
details may be different than the other volunteers. Please send us an email with your individual situation and we will be glad to work with you!
A valid passport is required to take part in the program. Depending on your country of origin you may be required to obtain a VISA for travel. We would be happy to check VISA requirements and information for you.
You must be 18 years old to apply.
Can I apply to more than one program?
Yes, of course you can! If you are interested in applying to more than one program you should indicate that on the additional information section on your online application.
Keep in mind if you decide to partake in more than one program this will change the cost of your total program price. You must contact our administration to discuss the costs.
Do I need to speak English?
Yes, basic knowledge of the English language is necessary for participation. If you are not a native English speaker, we will conduct a short Skype interview with you to assess your English competency.
How Can I get Academic credit?
If you are interested in academic for your program, you are responsible for contacting your University. We will be happy to work with you and provide any documentation on getting you credit for your experience. We provide an excellent immersion experience that is guaranteed to meet University requirements for credit.
Also, academic credit is not factored into the program budget. You will have to pay your program costs to We Are One and then separately pay for your academic credit directly to your academic institution.
We Are One is currently not affiliated with any academic institutions.
Where will we live??
Each program has different accommodations. All accommodations will be included within the program cost and we will provide information to all volunteers no later than one month before departure. If you have any questions about housing feel free to email us!
What cities will we be working in?
As the needs change around the world, so do the cities. The cities will be determined and posted here as they are confirmed. Our TESOL program is the only program with a designated city, Konotop Ukraine.
are the programs safe?
We want to stress that the safety of our volunteers is our top priority. When assessing an area for a program it first begins with a safety assessment. We only work in areas that have been designated safe by local authorities and the state government. If there are any further concerns about an areas safety, we will consult the U.S. Department of State for their recommendation about safety in the perspective area. We do not operate in conflict areas or active war zones.
It is also important to mention that We Are One cannot be held responsible for a volunteers personal behavior. While abroad volunteers must be aware of their situation at all times. The countries that we work in may have different cultural norms as well as different laws that we must abide by. Any volunteer acting outside of these laws are considered to be acting alone and will be discharge from the program at their expense.
Our application process is designed to find the candidates best suited for our volunteer mission. Below you can find a list that will provide information on how to join our team!
- Decide that We Are One's program is right for you.
- Completely fill out an application and submit it by the program deadline.
- Attach a resume and a list of at least two references to your application package.
- Submit your application to Admin@standasoneworld.org.
- If you are selected you will hear about your selection shortly after the submission of your application. If you are not selected you will either receive a formal denial or put on a wait list. If you are wait listed, you will be contacted by the application deadline about the status of your application.
- Fill out the program contract that will be emailed to you upon your acceptance to the program. Once you are accepted it is important that you submit your deposit and contract as soon as possible. Our programs fill quickly and are filled at a first come first serve basis. Please email your contract to Admin@standasoneworld.org
- Once these steps have been completed you are officially accepted into your perspective program.
*If you are not a U.S. passport holder and are selected for an English proficiency interview, the interview will take place before your contract and deposit are submitted. We will schedule a time that is easy and convenient for you.
*If you have a question that does not appear on this page, please email us at email@example.com. We will get back to you shortly.